African Black Soap
The African black soap is made in several African countries. Black soap is becoming increasingly popular in the western world due to its skin nourishing benefits. African black soap popularly known as 'Black soap' or 'Ose Dudu' has been used for centuries by African men and women. The recipe has been passed down through generations, Black soap is not only an affordable natural facial and body cleanser it is also made using 100% natural plant based ingredients.
What is African Black Soap
African Black soap is a plant based facial and body cleanser. It is handmade using only natural ingredients found in the West Africa. The soap is very popular in Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, Togo and other African countries. The most popular version of the African Black soap is the soap produced by the Yoruba tribe in Western Nigeria. In Yoruba Black soap translates to 'Ose Dudu'.
The Black soap provides deep cleansing and nourishing benefits to all skin types. It is also know to help repair uneven skin tone, brighten skin and treat acne and pigmentation.
| African Black Soap - Key Facts
African Black soap is made using only plant based ingredients, these include raw Shea butter, plantain skin, coconut oil and Cocoa powder.
- Plantain Skin and Leaves: known to have a high concentration of iron and Vitamins A and E. Vitamin A helps boast collagen production and Vitamin E helps to moisturise and heal the skin. Plantain Skin and leaves are also known to restore skin cells.
- Shea Butter: made from the nuts of the Shea tree, Shea butter helps to repair and nourish skin. It can be used to heal and improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, aging and sunburn. Shea butter has anti-aging properties and promotes cell renewal.
- Cocoa Butter: this is a natural fat. It helps hydrate and moisturise skin. It is rich in Vitamins and known to improve skin elasticity, the appearance of stretch marks and treat skin conditions.
- Cocoa Powder: helps soften skin. Known to repair damaged skin.
- Coconut Oil: its fatty acids helps to lock in moisture and protect the skin barrier. It helps repair skin damage, heal dry skin and reverse the signs of aging.
- Palm Oil: it is rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Palm Kernel Oil: made from the palm fruits from the African Palm tree. It is rich in lauric acid known for its anti-fungal and antibacterial benefits.
Benefits of African Black Soap
- Helps soothe skin irritation : Black soap can help reduce skin irritation and inflammation. It may help soothe dry skin and rashes.
- Helps fight and prevent acne : The plantain ash used to make Black soap has high antibacterial properties and can therefore help prevent acne. Due to its exfoliating properties pores stay unclogged.
- Facial and Body exfoliator and cleanser : the ashes used to make Black soap help to exfoliate the skin. It helps to remove dead skin cells and provide a deep cleanse.
- Improves Skin tone : the plantain skin helps to cell regeneration as well as providing essential vitamins needed for healthy glowing skin. After using Black soap skin appears brighter and healthier
- Helps improve skin pigmentation and discolouration : Black soap is known to help remove pigmented skin cells caused by sun damage. The antioxidants found in Black soap may help protect the skin from free radical damage which can lead to facial lines, wrinkles and signs of aging.
Shea Bliss Tip