Nail Care and Growth
If you've been wondering how to make your nails grow faster, there are several ways to improve the health of your nails. Applying garlic to your fingernails or wiggling them in the air won't make them grow faster. Although nails grow at a fixed rate of millimeters per month, you can manipulate them so that they appear longer and stronger. Dermatologist Bruce Robinson, of the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, suggests taking collagen supplements and massaging your fingertips daily.
Regular trimming and filing are also important steps in making your fingernails grow quickly. On average, your nails will grow three to four millimeters per month. To accelerate the growth of your nails, you need to keep them healthy. When filing, use smooth strokes instead of a 'back and forth' motion, which can cause fraying and breakage. As a general rule, you should avoid eating too much red meat and processed foods, which can make your nails weaker and less healthy.
Ways to get healthy Nails
Vitamins and Minerals
- A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can also help your nails grow faster. For instance, a high intake of vitamin D will help your nails grow more quickly.
- It can also be beneficial to eat more seeds to get more biotin, which is a B vitamin. A vitamin-packed vegetable, sunflower seeds are an excellent source of biotin.
- Another way to promote fast nail growth is by using a special nail hardener. These are applied like a normal nail polish, and are usually removed with a special remover.
- Apart from applying nail polish, you should regularly trim your fingernails. To achieve the perfect arc, cut your fingernails every week.
- Getting a regular manicure will help your nails grow faster. A manicure will help you make your nails look more attractive and healthy. You should also massage your hands regularly and drink plenty of water.
- These two activities will increase blood circulation throughout your body and improve circulation to the nail bed.
- It is important to keep your nails clean. It should be clean and free from dirt and bacteria that can damage them.
- Besides, using nail-care products that contain chemicals can cause dryness and breakage. Wearing rubber gloves can help you keep your nails healthy and strong.
- Cutting your cuticles will also help your fingers grow longer. It is also a good idea to wear nail polish. A good nail polish will protect your hands from harmful UV rays and make them more attractive.
- A balanced diet is essential to healthy nails. By ensuring that you're getting enough proteins in your diet, you will be more likely to have healthy fingernails.
- The nutrients in eggs are important to your body's health. It also improves the thickness of your nails and reduces the risk of splitting.
- By drinking enough water, you'll be able to have longer fingernails in no time.