Lip balms the one beauty product we always have to hand. If you're like me then you have one in your bag, one in your car and one at work. Seems like we can't live without them. No one wants to have dry, chapped lips. We're all aiming for well hydrated nourished soft lips.
Nothing beats natural homemade lip balms. They are packed with natural super ingredients that not only nourish, but soothe and soften lips. By making your own natural lip balm you avoid toxins, parabens, petroleum and any other artificial ingredients. The process of making a lip balm is quick, easy and straightforward. Preparation time is 15mins.
- Unrefined Raw Natural Shea butter - helps to hydrate and nourish lips.
- Vitamin E - (Oil or Gel capsules) helps to moisturise and heal lips.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - provides moisture and hydrates lips.
- Beeswax Pellets - protect and helps to lock moisture.
- Essential Oil - adds aroma /smell to lip balm.
- Lip balm tube / lip balm container
- Mixing Bowl
- Double boiler - if you don't have a double boiler, you can use a small pot and a heat safe bowl
Process to creating the perfect DIY natural Shea lip balm
- Assemble and add water to your double boiler (or small pot and heat safe bowl, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water in the pot).
- 1 tablespoon of Unrefined Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax pellets
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 8 drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 10 drops of your chosen Essential Oil
- Add the Shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax pellets in the double boiler. As the ingredients begin to melt, stir gently. Beeswax takes the longest to melt. Stir the ingredients constantly and gently.
- Once the Shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax have completely melted, turn off the heat and add the Vitamin E and essential oil. Mix together thoroughly.
- Using the dropper transfer the mixture into the lip balm tubes or lip balm containers.
- Now in the lip balm tube or lip balm container leave out for 5mins.
- After 5mins move the tubes / containers to the fridge.
- Leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Now they are set and ready to use.